Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Rhodes Harbor May 18, 2016

An interesting thing happened when our ship arrived at Rhodes.  I had not set my camera time clock to the local time zone.  It was still on Houston Texas time.  My camera record of pictures taken on Rhodes straddles two days.  Note to self!
Use the local time and date!  The tour spent an entire day on Rhodes.  Part of it was a guided tours and the whole afternoon was self guided.  It was a wonderful opportunity to, first get acquainted with the island and it's history.  And then, after some suggested locations to visit, exploring on my own.  Since there is so much to record, I'm going to break it down into several different posts.  This one is of the harbor.  It was a wonderfully windy, clear day.  And to wake up to a tugboat right outside my porthole, I knew I was in for another adventure.
Harbor Tugboat

Rhodes Harbor Lighthouse

Dolphins

Fishermen at the Old Harbor

Harbor Clock Tower
Rhodes Harbor Old & New

Rhodes Old Wall Detail

No comments:

Post a Comment